The 2013 Mac Pro’s 1st Unboxing Video [Full]
The first new Mac Pros have finally made it off the line, and the first unboxing video (see: unboxing a calculator for more on this strange phenomenon) is officially up on Youtube.
Why it’s significant:
- Manufactured in the USA. Not unheard of amongst PC manufacturers, but unusual and welcome by most.
- Pros have been waiting for this for four years. The new Mac Pro is the first “true” Apple product of the post-Jobsian era, because it’s the first product to significantly change the design of a product that Steve Jobs had launched.
- Looks like a trash can – but it is incredibly light and compact – more so than any other pro computer
- The packaging is standard Apple. A box matching the color of the product (black) with a single product shot on each page, and only the words “Mac Pro” embossed onto the sides of the box.
- Inside, the computer is protected by minimal styrofoam packaging, and covered in Apple’s usual clear wrap.
- The only non-standard packaging element is that that they had to make a round computer fit into a square box. Ironically, one of Steve Jobs‘s more famous borrowed quotes was “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently” in the original “Crazy ones” commercial. See the connection?