So you’ve noticed AMZN.to/whatever affiliate links popping up , and you want to know how to do that yourself. Well, it’s easy. Here’s how.
Amzn.to is a link shortener for Amazon that is hosted by Bitly (Bit.ly), the popular link shortening company. To shorten a link, do the following.
- Let’s say we’re selling 1,500 live ladybugs (suprisingly cheap).
- Go to Bit.ly or Bitly.com
- Create an account, or log in.
- In the top right corner, click on the box that says “paste a link here”.
- Paste your amazon affiliate link for 1,500 live lady-bugs into the box
- Wait two seconds, and it will automatically spit out Amzn.to/youraffiliatewhatever (obviously shorter than that).
(Super secret tip): If you want to be really fancy, after your link is finished, click the pencil icon and give it a custom name. For example, if I were selling an iPod, I might make it Amzn.to/GreatLadyBugs, or something of the sort.
For more great affiliate tips, pick up your copy of Adam Wolf’s great book on the subject.