Amy Poehler’s Best Buy Ad- Good or Bad?- Gameday Special
For Best buy’s Super Bowl Ad this year, they hired Amy Poehler to play the part of a “clueless” shopper in a homage to the ease of use of their stores. The problem was… she wasn’t that dumb. She asked less “man that’s stupid” questions, and more double-meaning, trying-to-be-funny questions which just fell flat.
5 Examples of Lines That Fell Flat
- What’s the difference between all these phones? (Even I wonder that sometimes)
- Which Phone fits my face?
- Can I use a dongle with this? Does it make you uncomfortable when I use the word dongle?
- What makes this smart tv so smart?
- So, you don’t make commission on anything?
None of these are stupid questions (maybe 2). 1,4, and 5 are even reasonable questions to ask.
I’ve seen much dumber questions. Believe me. Do you remember my experience with the old guy at the Apple Store? I get that people are going to say “you do better”, so I’m going to try and think of some good ones and tweet them out. If you think of any, tweet them out using the hashtag #betterthanAmy. I love Amy Poehler, but this just wasn’t her best.