How To Stop Facebook From Using Your Likes In Ads
This is a little known setting I discovered the other day. Most people who use Facebook are familiar with the ads that say “John Doe and 3 other friends like Gillette“. Many of us don’t want to be associated with what we like though. I know I don’t actually like all of the things I “like”.
In a recent documentary they said you couldn’t stop facebook from using your name, but in fact you can.
- Log in to Facebook
- Click on Account Settings
- On the sidebar on the left click “Facebook Ads”
- On the page that loads click “edit social ads setting”.
- Change the selection box from “only my friends” to “no one”.
- Click Save Changes and you are all set.
- While you are at it you might as well disable this on third party ads too. Repeat step 3 and instead of clicking “edit social ads setting” this time select “edit third party ad settings”. Repeat steps 5-6 and you are all set
Remember to check back daily for more great posts.