How To Make Your iphone Into a Wifi Hotspot in 5 minutes
Activating the WiFi feature on the iPhone is actually quite easy. Note that it doesn’t work on phones before the iPhone 4. iPhone 5 is the fastest option.
- Call your cellular provider (ie ATT, Verizon, Sprint) using their 1-800 number.
- For ATT enter your number when prompted then try pressing 0 at each future prompt to be redirected to an agent.
- Pretty Much the same for Verizon
- Connect to an agent. Tell them your info and that you have an iPhone. Tell them you would like to activate the WiFi tethering/ Personal Hotspot feature.
- They may ask you to provide an account password or security code and then they will activate it immediately.
- Once it is activated the menu option will appear right in settings.
- Tap the “Personal Hotspot” item in settings,
- Turn the feature from on to off and turn on WiFi
- Set a password. You only get so much data. Don’t let some random other person mooch off of your data.
- Enjoy Your WiFi! Here’s a way NOT to lose your passwords.